In collaboration with Comms2Point0 we carried out a survey of the public sector and emergency services about their social media management.
There were some really interesting findings with some key take aways;
- Police, fire and ambulance services have the highest average number of individual social media channels at 47.3 per organisation – almost three times as many as third sector and private sector
- Public sector organisations have more than 28.9 channels per organisation
- Twitter remains dominant with 100 per cent of organisations using it
- Facebook is second used by 92.2 per cent of organisations
- 74.7 per cent believe that one person should know all social media passwords.
We created MusterPoint because we believe in providing the tools that passionate public comms professionals need. Everyone on our team has worked in public sector and emergency services comms and customer services so we know about the challenges faced in this budget-conscious area.
It's a key part of MusterPoint that you can provide a clear audit trail of everything your organisation does on social at an affordable price. You can easily assign and track responses, manage users on a daily basis without compromising on quality or being at risk by sharing passwords.
An online demo takes just thirty minutes and small organisations can manage their social channels from as little as £75 / US$99 per month for their whole team. Book one here for a time that suits you and your team.
We have public sector and emergency services clients in the U.K., Europe, US and Canada who would happily tell you how MusterPoint has helped them.